In every industry and business IT is now an integral business function that delivery of an organisations products and services will depend upon to some degree or another. Having a robust and control IT environment is where IT Service Management (ITSM) comes into play.
Businesses simply can not afford to ignore the dependencies on IT that exist in the modern world and so a robust IT Service Management philosophy should be instilled.
At Ishango we have extensive knowledge and experience in this space and have grown with the IT industry over many years and witnessed ourselves this ever-growing dependency on robust systems and processes to manage an IT estate, whatever the size of the organisation.
Adoption of ITSM can seem like a daunting task and something that might not necessarily bring value to the business; but this is simply not the case. Some benefits to the business and IT are listed below;
Benefits for IT:
- Better understanding of what the business needs and why (i.e. “business alignment”)
- Repeatable and scalable processes
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Increased productivity
- Satisfied end users with realistic expectations
- Shorter gaps between detecting incidents and solving them
- Prevention of IT issues before they happen
- Ability to identify and address repeat problems
- Analytics to measure and improve IT’s performance
Benefits for the Business:
- IT can react quickly to change and innovation in the market
- Better IT availability and performance means employees get more done
- IT issues are less common, less impactful, and less costly
- Employees know what services are available and how to use them
- IT provides better service at a lower cost
- Business complies with regulatory requirements no one wants to think about
To see how ITSM could help strengthen your business please contact us to discuss your requirements in more detail.